Tuesday, November 15, 2011

An Addiction

Is the internet addicting? If so what makes it so darn addicting, that is, if it even is addicting? I saw a post on one of my friends Facebook about ignoring sleep for the sack of looking things up on the internet. This describes me perfectly. There is just so much to look at. So much to do. There is always one more link to click, one more picture to see, one more video to watch. But is that the cause of the internet being addicting? Of course that is assuming the internet even is addicting. Still, this begs the questions, why do I have to see the next picture? Why do I have to click the next link?

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting question. I too I'm constantly checking my phone, computer, etc. for any sort of update. Does that qualify me as an addict or is it just the norm for our generation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a bad thing to want to see the next picture? To want to learn more? To broaden our horizons? To connect with other cultures?

    ReplyDelete